Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One more month to go



On Wednesday, I turned 11 months. Can you believe that? One more month and I'll be talking in years. Man, time flies. But it's cool because I really am becoming a big boy now. This week, I started playing peek-a-boo with Mommy and Papa. It's pretty fun; I recommend it for all to enjoy.

Last weekend had its ups and downs, but we'll focus on the ups for one reason -- they're worth remembering.

But first off, let me explain the video above. If you didn't know it was a video, then simply press the triangle "play" button and turn the volume up. I have finally gotten Macy to come around and play with me, and I think she likes it. Yeah, I still try to pet her too hard, but she's learned to live with it. I noticed that, like me, she has toys too. And I noticed that Mommy and Papa grab her chew ring and throw it, and she runs after it. So what did I do? Take a guess. Mace Dogg is a good playmate, and I'm really glad she decided to be my friend instead of running from me.

So back to the weekend. Friday got off to a bad start because I had to go back to the doctor for a fever. Doc said the pneumonia was still there a little, so she gave me some meds. Yuck. As soon as I took it the first time, it made me puke and I couldn't really stomach anything the rest of the day. But by Saturday, I was fine. In fact, I was hungrier than ever.

We had made it to Knoxville Friday night, and I was glad to have a good night's sleep at Nana's house. It was so good to see Nana and Uncle Matt again. But Saturday was a whirlwind of a day. We had breakfast and then went to campus to drop off Papa and Uncle Matt so they could go to Tennessee's Homecoming football game (don't ask how that turned out!). I made Mommy snap a picture of them walking away. I'll go with them one day.

They had a good time at the game. Me? Well, the sickness went away, but it went right out into my diaper! Yikes! Mommy and Nana didn't seem too happy about 1) cleaning me up once, 2) having to take me to Aunt Irene's house to clean me up a second time AND give me a bath there, 3) clean me up a third time and go to K-Mart to buy some emergency clothes! That's right -- you read that correctly. So I had to wait in the van in nothing but my skivvies. What's a guy to do?

Anyway, we made it through the weekend and I'm feeling a lot better. This sick stuff is for the birds, and I'm going to have a talk with my classmates at school -- we got to put a stop to spreading germs! Despite some of the other hardships of the weekend, we pulled through and it was really fun to hang with Nana and get to play with Uncle Matt all weekend.

Alas, another week. In the final pictures below, Papa and I caught a little more shuteye while Mommy got ready Wednesday morning. And lastly, at AWANA Wednesday night, Nati Grace hooked me up with some hot dog. I like hot dogs, but I liked them a little better when Nati shared it with me. What's that? Is she sweet on me? You'll have to ask her.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: