Monday, November 24, 2008

These boots were made for walkin'


I realize it's been a long time since I last posted a blog entry, but, well, I've been a little busy.

Busy walking!

It's true. Click on the play button on the video above. Mommy and Papa had been encouraging me to take some steps, and I took one or two steps on my own two weeks ago. But nothing more than that. So, after the teachers at school kept telling me the same things, I wanted to give it a try. I was so nervous. But I did it.

On Wednesday last week, I took off at school. Walked about six or seven steps. So I did it again. The teachers were going crazy, clapping and congratulating me. They even called Mommy at work to let her know what I had done for the day. And they turned on the recorder at the front desk and recorded me walking. When Papa and Uncle Matt came to pick me up, it was the first thing my teachers said. And they wanted me to show off to Papa, too. So I did. Took eight steps in a row all by myself.

So since then, I've been working hard on walking. I can take about eight to 10 steps in a row before I start losing my balance. What do you expect, you know?

But that's been my highlight of the week and I wanted to share with everyone. Meanwhile, I'm gearing up for Thanksgiving. I hear it's quite a good time -- and good eats.

Most of all, however, I'm thankful for God, Mommy and Papa and Macy, my family in Tennessee, my friends in Tennessee and Georgia and all over the country (some of which I've yet to meet), my buddies at school, bananas, playtime, cameras, blogs, formula, good food, laughs ... and I'm especially thankful for you.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: