Sunday, October 19, 2008

Put out that fire!

Saturday night was my first visit to a Japanese restaurant. And let me just say, nobody warned me of what was going to happen.

We got there about 5:30 or so and everything was cool. It was almost like the place was closed because me, Mommy and Papa sat at a big table by ourselves. Then this guy came and started talking to us, dumping food on this big flat cooker. He started twirling knives around and making all kinds of sounds with his fork. He was banging it on the stove, which was cool because that's what I do!

Anyway, everything was fine and I was enjoying the extravaganza. But then, all of a sudden, he squirted this oil on the stove in a circle. Then he took out a lighter and lit the thing on fire! I DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL.

I am a little embarrassed to say it, but I started crying. I guess I was scared that he was trying to burn the place down because the fire was huge. It wasn't hot, but man, it lit the place up. Mommy and Papa were cool about it, though, and tried to cheer me up. Anyway, it was a little scary, but I made it out alive.

No pictures to share, but I figured I'd pass along some pictures from this week when we picked out a pumpkin, went to eat at the Ale House and a final picture of my teeth.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: