Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tennessee never looked so fine


Most of you know by now that I spent last week in Tennessee. Great time. Absolutely fantastic. Words wouldn't do it justice, so despite my knack for a keen vocabulary for just a 10-month old (my birthday was Monday!), I figured I would just let the photos do most of the talking ... with a little commentary on the side. Enjoy ...

An early-morning walk with Grammy. Didn't much care for the toboggan. Later in the day we paid a visit to Grammy's work, where I invited myself to lunch.


------------------------------------
I went to check out the cows at Memaw and Paw's house. Even got to watch them eat! And I got to sit on the tractor. Farming may not be a bad career.


------------------------------------
I sat on the porch with Grammy for a while, and later went to visit with my friend Julian. His parents, Wes and Nikki were there, too. Julian was cool about letting me chew on his toys.


------------------------------------
Next we went to Memaw Pate's house, where I got to hang out with her, Aunt Sue, JoAnn, Amy and Susan, as well as Hunter. Good catching up with everyone.


------------------------------------
Mommy and Papa and I went to the lake with Memaw and Paw. Mace Dogg went with us, too! Beautiful scene. I really enjoyed being there -- perfect weather. And pefect for a nap afterward with Memaw Arnold and Macy.


------------------------------------
It was sad to leave Elizabethton, even sad to say goodbye to the kitties. But off we went to Knoxville ...


------------------------------------
In Knoxville, we went directly to the park, where we celebrated Irene and Walt's birthdays. In the meantime, I got to swing with Mommy and Uncle Matt, and even by myself.


------------------------------------
We sang Happy Birthday to Irene and Walt and had a great picnic at the park. Everyone else had chicken from KFC. Me? I had the usual food from a jar. Ho-hum. I did try some cake, and it was OK.


------------------------------------
After we ate, we headed back to the swings. They were just too much fun. So Nana hung out with me and pushed me a while on the swing. Great time.


------------------------------------
After that, I was exhausted and fell asleep as Uncle Matt and Mommy stopped by the hospital to see Aunt Jane and Papaw. We spent the night at Nana's house and then I hung out with Uncle Matt and Papa as Mommy and Nana went back for a visit to the hospital. After that, it was back home to Atlanta. I hated to leave, especially on such a beautiful day when I could have easily just lounged around at Nana's house. But I'll be back. Fear not.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: