Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rocky Top, you'll always be ...

What's the best way to remove the sour taste of a Tennessee football season gone bad? Head to Knoxville for a weekend.

I didn't go to a game -- the Vols played (and lost) at Auburn on Saturday -- but I did ride up with mommy to spend the day in Knoxville. We went to see Aunt Jane, who had to go to the hospital for a few days. She's doing better now ... thanks to my visit? Probably.

During my time there I did get to go eat with Nana and Uncle Matt and Papaw. We went to Austin's, and I'm not big on buffets (see one of my earlier blog posts), but this time it was pretty good. Of course, I'm only going by what mommy says, and she's a fan of smorgasbords. Meanwhile, I had my typical jar food and a few bites of the real stuff.

It was a really good weekend, and really great to see everyone. We came back to Atlanta Sunday morning and just hung out the rest of the day.

This week has been pretty typical so far, although I did go to church on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday night I got to hang out with mommy and Kati as they worked on AWANA stuff. Then I busted up papa's meeting. I was feeling a little confined and wanted to crawl around. I saw papa through the door, Kati gave me to Amy, and Amy put me on the floor -- and then I was gone. I headed over to papa and just hung out while he tried to finish the meeting. But by the sounds of it, they were already finished. If not, too bad.

Wednesday I went back to church and ate some pizza, then had my jar food. And (don't tell anybody) convinced papa to slip me a bite of cake. Just a bite. It was cool to hang out during AWANA and go around to a few classrooms and see everybody. I'm looking forward to when I can go to AWANA, although it may be a while.

This weekend is a big one at church, and then we're headed back to Tennessee for a whole week. So it may be a while before I write again. What can I say? I'm a travelin' man.

Hudson W. Pate


1 comment:

natasha-nolan said...

Hudson, you are such a cutie pie and I LOVE all of your UT clothes :)