Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankful ... and ready to celebrate


OK, so I've been a little tired lately. As you know by now, I'm a walker. Even in the last week I've improved quite a bit in my balance and walking skills. Now I can go from the couch all the way to the front door ... AND turn around. Mommy and Papa laugh when I do that, but I think I'm pretty good at it.

I hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable. Mine was. Grammy and Memaw and Paw came down, and I got to eat turkey and a few desserts, which by the way I really like. Bill and Marlene came over and brought Kailynn and Billy. We had a good time playing after we ate, and they gave me two of the best toys -- a desk and this toy that shoots balls up in the air. Love it.

I got a few other toys, too. At Babies R Us, we picked up a popcorn popper, which I walk behind, and a John Deere tractor that I can push or ride. I really like that one. It's joined my stable of two other cars that I push.

The day after Thanksgiving I went to visit Santa Claus at the mall. He was weird looking, with his long white beard and such. Oh well. To each his own.

Funniest thing of the week: I was trying to reach a toy in my toybox and BOOM -- I fell into the toybox. Everybody thought I was crying, but I wasn't. I was trying to get my toy. And, well, I got it. So I hung out in the toybox for about 30 minutes. It's cool in there.

Don't think I've forgotten. It's one week until my 1-year birthday. Hard to believe. My birthday is Friday the 12th, and my party is Saturday the 13th at church. I can't wait. One year. Amazing.

I'll report back on how the party goes. Until then ...
Hudson W. Pate

No comments: