Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ear, nose and belly -- yuck!


I'm going to make this quick due to the late hour and due to the "blah" feeling that I have. I got to hang out once again with Memaw and Paw for a week while Mommy and Papa went skiing, and I am confident I had just as much fun here at home as they did in Aspen. It was so much fun to hang with the great-grandparents and just be cool for a weekend. Grammy came down for a quick stay, and I also had a good time playing with her (I nearly forgot that Mommy and Papa were gone! Shhhhhh, don't tell them).

Anyway, this week has been kind of crazy. Papa's birthday was Thursday and we didn't do anything. But on Friday, a bunch of us from church surprised him at Mt. Fuji, a Japanese restaurant. He thought it was just going to be a small dinner. But noooooooooo! He truly was fooled, and I must say that Mommy pulled that one off pretty well. We met Papa in the parking lot and walked in together, and he had no idea everyone was waiting on him. There, we had black baloons (he turned 30!), a colorful top hat and blinking boa to go around his neck, and we had a black cookie cake that turned everybody's mouth black (although they spelled Papa's name wrong on the cake)! It was a great time ... until I started feeling tired and cranky. OK, OK ... I'm the party pooper.

On Saturday, I made a trip to the doctor. Found out I have:

-- Ear infection
-- Sinus infection
-- Stomach virus

Yeah. Fun, huh? I've been feeling OK, but my eyes started getting red on Friday and by Saturday they had this yucky stuff coming from them. All of it was a product of the ear infection. So I have some medicine I'm taking, and I actually feel OK.

Proof: While Mommy was getting her hair cut Saturday evening, Papa and I played and had tons of fun. I played in a cardboard box and hid from him, and then I sat around with Mace Dogg. It was a good time.

So, if this is what sick feels like, it's really not that bad. Of course, I'm a pretty tough dude.

Hudson W. Pate



No comments: