Monday, January 12, 2009

A shiner and a fat lip


I know, I know. It's been a while since I blogged. But this guy's been busy since the new year began.

Let's just say 2009 hasn't gotten off to the start I anticipated. But we're still hanging in there, and it can only get better. A lot is in store for this year, or so says Mommy and Papa. So we'll see.

I did get to have a long weekend with Grammy and Memaw and Paw and Memaw Pate. That was a blast. It was cool to just hang with the grandparents without Mommy and Papa for a change. Grammy and Memaw and Paw met me at Cracker Barrel, along with Nana and Uncle Matt. We had a good breakfast, then I headed to E-town for a few days. Ate banana and strawberry muffins. Spent the night at Memaw and Paw's. It was a grand ol' time. Paw thought he would be sly and stack up my blocks while I was napping. But I quickly showed that what goes up must come down -- I whacked his tower down with a few swipes of the hand. Now that was fun!

Since my trip, I haven't done much. I'm expecting Memaw and Paw again in a few days when Mommy and Papa go skiiiiiiiiiiing. Yuppies!

Anyway ...

I suppose you can say I got my first black eye AND my first busted lip -- all within a few days. Not sure how I got the shiner. And it's not really black. More of a yellowish color. The lip, well, that was from going face-first into one of my toys. Started bleeding immediately and wouldn't stop. I call them battle scars.

So today I celebrate. Monday was my 13-month birthday! Happy B-day to me. What did I do? Not much; it was just a regular day, but I did get to sleep just a little bit later with Papa. Some people say I look like him.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: