Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm pooped

Easy there, amigo. It's not what you're thinking.

I know last time I wrote, it was clear that something I was eating didn't sit well with me. But that's not what I mean here.

Things got back to normal a little after the weekend with memaw and paw Arnold. Wake up, daycare, eat, play, sleep. But this past weekend, Nana and Uncle Matt came down for a quick visit and some really good times.

When they got here Saturday, we immediately went shopping. Not the best scenario in my book, but anytime I can get out of the house, I'm all for it. Later that night, when we got back and when papa got finished working, we all went to LaFonda. Never heard of it? You're missing out ... see for yourself. It's the best Cuban food around, or so says mommy and papa. It was late when we were there -- a little past my 8 p.m. bedtime. But I still had a good time dancing to the music and checking out the scenery (ask Uncle Matt, he knows).

Sunday we went to church, and I don't know if it was the fact that I stayed out late or what, but I was a little fussy, I'll admit. Mommy even had to come calm me down during service (oops). It was a lazy day after that, just sitting around, napping and eating my biscuit bars (mmmm, although messy).

Monday I got to lay out of school and stay home with Nana and Uncle Matt. We had fun playing around and I showed them how I can crawl all over the house. Papa and mommy tell me they give me a workout, but I think it's the other way around.

I don't know what time it was, but last thing I remember was playing under the table and then boom -- I was out. I must have fallen asleep right there. Oh well, what can you do?

Hudson W. Pate



No comments: