Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look what I found


Sorry it's been so long since I last wrote. I've been running around everywhere. Literally. Well, almost.

Perhaps most importantly, I discovered Tupperware. Mommy left one of the kitchen cabinets open, and I spotted some plastic. I really like plastic. So I went over to check it out, and there were tons of plastic bowls. They were so cool because of the sound they made on the hardwood floor. I got as many of them out as I could and spread them all over the floor so I could evaluate which one was the best. It took a while, but I finally found the perfect bowl that made the perfect sound. So I took it with me over to the carpet to play a while.

The rest of the week has been pretty fun -- and active.

As you may know, Saturday wasn't the best of days for us Tennessee fans. The Vols got pounded by Florida. I couldn't watch any longer after the Gators began to pull away, so me and mommy went to Target to let off some steam. On the plus side, I got to wear two of my new Tennessee shirts and shorts on Saturday (the first one got a little wet ... oops).

Monday was an interesting evening, too. We went to eat Mexican food, and I was fully expecting to have my usual -- country chicken and vegetables in a jar with some puffs. But when I woke up at the restaurant, mommy and papa had ordered me a quesadilla. I had no idea what a quesadilla was, but it was good. For those who were like me, it's simply cheese inside a flour tortilla. And I am here to tell you, they are GOOD. I ate more than half of it as well as some spoons of rice and beans. Now, I know what you're thinking. Not the best thing for the stomach. But so far, so good. I love Mexican food, and I'm ready to go back again.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you -- I tried sweet tea, and I love it. It's not as good as water, but it is good, nonetheless. We were at Cracker Barrel Thursday with some folks from church, and Ms. Kati was sly and gave me a straw-full of tea. Good stuff. Mommy and papa were cool with it, and they even let me have a drink at the Mexican restaurant Monday night.

So overall, it's been a good week. By the way, that whole shoes episode I pulled a while back -- I'm over it. I realize I'm starting to be a big boy now, and frankly big boys don't go barefooted all the time. So I've been wearing my New Balance shoes and even wore my brown shoes to church Sunday and again Tuesday at school for picture day. Stay tuned on how that worked out!

Hudson W. Pate

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you like sweet tea, just wait til they let you try Dr. Enuf. You'll love it, I promise.