Monday, September 15, 2008

New shoes


On Friday, mommy got me about six pairs of shoes at a consignment sale. Nice gift. Only problem is, I don't wear shoes.

At least I haven't worn them in a while. I had some from when I was smaller, but I grew out of them and simply haven't put any on in a while. Socks don't stay on, either. Especially when I crawl.

So on Saturday before mommy and I went out for a spin around town, she put on my socks (no big deal) and then a pair of New Balance shoes. Uh, what? I don't have beef with New Balance. But the shoes were the most annoying thing I've ever seen. I immediately started crying and trying to get them off, all while mommy and papa just laughed at me (it wasn't funny).

I crawled away from mommy -- because she obviously wasn't going to take off my shoes -- and I took them off myself. The shoes didn't hurt; they were just constricting.

Anyway, the weekend was my nine-month birthday. We didn't really celebrate. But I have been making great strides in the balance department.

That showed on Sunday morning when mommy and papa were getting ready for church. I wanted a bath, so I went to check out my tub. Mommy made me wait a bit, but I did need cleaning. But I wonder why mommy and papa don't use my bath?

Anyway, another milestone happened Sunday: I learned to clap. Everybody had been doing that for a while, but I just never put it together. One hand hits the other and it makes a sound. Amazing.

On a side note, Monday morning mommy put my shoes on again. And again, I was annoyed. Once I got to daycare, though, I was cool because I saw my friend Tyler. It was a great day. But by the time I got home, it was time to kick my shoes off. For that, I'll clap.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: