Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chasing down Santa Claus

I'm convinced that Santa Claus travels eastward. It's the only way he can make it work. I'm sure of it.

Now, as you know, I'm not a huge fan of the man in red. The beard, remember? But, I do know that he's the one who supplies the gifts on Christmas. Or at least some of them. And now I know that on Christmas Eve night, he travels east. How do I know? Because I travel east, too.

It would be impossible for me to list every detail of our Christmas trip to Tennessee, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. But we began with a visit to see Aunt Jane and Papaw. Then that night, when we got back to Nana's house, Santa had been there. Must've sneaked in while it was still daylight. So we tore into the presents. One thing he left me among MANY items was a Jack-in-the-Box ... awesome toy.

On Christmas, we headed east to Grammy's house. And what do you know -- Santa came before we got there. Told you he travels east. And that dude is impossible to catch. One thing he left me there was a red wagon ... pretty dang cool.

I got to see tons of people on this trip, and a lot of my people came to visit during my post-birthday party in Elizabethton. We just mingled and had a good time, especially with more birthday cake. I could get used to that stuff real easy. Wes and Nikki brought my buddy Julian to play, and we had a great time playing with plastic cups and riding in my wagon. We've planned to do that again soon.

As with all visits, this one was too short. But Santa was good to me (despite me not being too nice to him this season) and I got to catch up with some friends and family.

Alas, it's now time to reflect on 2008 and ring in 2009. But something tells me that I'll be snoozing away when that happens.

-- Hudson W. Pate





















No comments: