Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hittin' the pool



Unfortunately, summer is on the downside. School has started back for most, it's getting dark earlier, and even the temperatures are slightly cooler.

But for me, I hit the swimming pool.

I went swimming for the first time on Saturday. Me and mommy met up with Amy at Leila's house and jumped in. Not really, but it was still cool. The water reminded me of bath time. But at least in the pool I could kick and paddle like Mike Phelps (I can call him Mike, now, right?)

I gave it a shot with the dolphin kick, and I even tried a little freestyle stroke from my yellow floatie. What I DID NOT LIKE was my life jacket. Mommy put it on me, and I know it's for safety and all, but man, it clearly chokes a body. My head looked like it was going to pop off. So we quickly switched to the yellow float, which was much better. I still got to practice my swimming regimen.

It was a great time at the pool. We had a blast. And after the water, we just chilled on the chairs in the shade. Good times.

Hudson W. Pate

No comments: